Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Deciphering Me

Sometimes my heart is overwhelmed with a sense of wonder at what God is doing and has done in my life and many times I feel completely inept at expressing it adequately, if at all! The most prevalent by far is my sense of gratitude. This is one of the reasons for wanting to blog again. It’s an outlet for me to share what God is teaching me and all that I experience in life. It’s also a privilege to have the freedom to express myself so freely in this beautiful country through an online diary of sorts. My intention in blogging is not to gain a multitude of followers. I do, however hope to encourage people along the way or make them laugh from time to time as I can be quite the goofball and I love to share things that express my personality with others. (And let me just put a disclaimer out there right now to all that I will no doubt offend. I am not politically correct and I write what I feel. If you don’t like it, don’t read it. I say this with all the kindness in my heart!)

One of the most amazing aspects of this life is the God-given aptitude to inimitably express ourselves. This is by far one of the most delectable aspects of life for me. I see each person as a thread and each thread is a different color and texture, when these threads all come together as God intended a wondrous fabric is created. This fabric is a picture of God’s character and personality and we are indeed living expressions of Him. With this understanding comes a sense of freedom for me. If I am uniquely created, fearfully and wonderfully made as God’s Word tells us in Psalm 139:14, then I am free to be uniquely me-an expression of my Creator. So, why do I give way to fears that say “you have nothing to offer” or those subtle but penetrating doubts that say rejection is inevitable if I’m truly myself? Because somewhere along the way I stopped or maybe never truly believed what my Creator says about me and I chose to believe the lie. It’s always a choice-my choice. But that is a sermon for another time.

Part of my personal journey over the last year or so has been identifying how I best express myself and how I can improve on this. I didn’t even realize how much I had repressed for so long. Communication is so vital in every aspect of this life and it’s worth taking time to develop and improve for many reasons, some of which are obvious, some are so subtle. Communication is much more than words though, it’s tone, body language, facial expressions, the written word, pictures, music, verbiage, etc.

It’s such a fundamental process; however it’s one that can get buried beneath or devalued with the challenges, trials and changes that life brings. This area in my life is something in which I feel God is calling me to a higher more refined standard. We each have a story to tell and I want to be a conduit of God’s clear, simple, abundant love and purpose for us.
Having said all that, I am a work in progress. I look forward to feedback from everyone and growing together with friends near and far through this blog. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah I am glad that you are blogging again. I missed not being able to read you blog. I continue to lift you up in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know its so incredibly wonderful how after years of not seeing you the Lord has brought you back into my life. Let me tell you woman I am so thankful! I look and listen to what you say and I see myself but your words push me towards more understanding of what the Lord has begun to teach me as well. Thank you for being real...I LOVE THAT! Its hard but its truth and truth is always a GREAT thing! I truly love you and look forward to growing in Christ with you as your sister. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete